The South Hadley Falls Neighborhood Association brings together individuals in the Falls, and throughout South Hadley, to inspire involvement, promote community, and provide advocacy in our neighborhood.
Founded in May 2012, SHFNA is a community organization with membership from all over South Hadley, as well as points beyond. We meet on the first Saturday of every month at 10am at the South Hadley Public Library. All are welcome to attend!
The projects, events, and initiatives that we’ve undertaken include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Hosting a block party to celebrate our neighborhood and unveil the South Hadley Youth Commission’s mural at Beachgrounds Park–an event that inspired the music and arts festival FallsFest
- Collecting household items for families moving out of a shelter in our neighborhood and into permanent housing
- Advocating for improved public transit in South Hadley, and particularly in the Falls–check out PVTA’s Tiger Trolley!
- Raising awareness among elected officials of the conditions of roads, sidewalks, and buildings in the Falls
- Sponsoring an annual fall cleanup day to neaten up public spaces